Do you have what it takes?
What’s It All About?
Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Vancouver on September 13th. Drop Zone is back and ready for a new set of superheroes!
Maybe you’ve walked, ran or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 20 story office building! The Vancouver Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to raise a minimum of $1000 in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
To show our appreciation there will be an exclusive Superhero After-Party where participants, sponsors and volunteers will have the opportunity to share their Superhero experiences!
Check out photos from 2015’s event by liking our Facebook page. You can also receive our Drop Zone event updates by signing up for our newsletter! Take a look at our video for a sneak peek of what the day might look like!
The hard earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC provides: Easter Seals House and Camps. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Our camps offer once-in-a-lifetime, week-long camping experiences for approximately 800 children. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camps are all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BC TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget! #DropZoneVan
Early Bird Registration Prize
If you register for our event by May 15, 2016, your name will be entered into a prize draw for $100 gift card from Breakaway Experiences! Only 100 rappel spots available, so register today!
The following awards and prizing (generously provided by Breakaway Experiences) will be presented at the Superhero After-Party:
- Top individual fundraiser ($500 gift certificate)
- 2nd place individual fundraiser ($400 gift certificate)
- 3rd place individual fundraiser ($100 gift certificate)
- Top fundraising team (5 x $100 gift certificates)
- Best costume – male and female ($100 gift certificate)
Fundraising Incentive Prize
For any DZ Superheroes who fundraise over $1500, their name will be entered into a draw to win a Getaway from Air North! One ballot for every $1500 they raise! Winner will be announced at the Superhero After-Party on September 13th.
All donors who donate over $25 by September 13th to our DZ Superheroes this year will be entered into a draw to win a $100 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate! Draw will take place on September 14 and the winner will be announced on this page.
National Fundraising Prize
New this year, The Easter Seals Drop Zone will feature an exciting National Grand Prize package provided by Breakaway Experiences! The top individual fundraiser from each Drop Zone event across Canada will be entered into a draw to win this incredible prize package valued at over $4,500. Click here to find out prize details!
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Mandatory training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September at Climb Base 5 Gym in Coquitlam where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- A registration fee of $50 must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if there are two of you then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $3,000, but if one person raises $2,000 and the other only $1,000 then you’ll both still be able to rappel. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $1500, then only one person from that team can rappel.
- The deadline to raise the minimum fundraising amount of $1000 is event day, September 13, 2016
- The charitable Registration Number for the Vancouver event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2016, please contact Event Manager Mandy Wong at email@example.com or 604-873-1865.
Please contact Natasha Blatchford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-873-1865.
Drop Zone Vancouver Sponsors