The Drop Zone celebrates its 15th anniversary in 2020!
The Drop Zone (#DropZone, #DropZoneChallenge) is a knee-shaking, heart-pounding, adrenaline-pumping fundraising adventure that encourages Canadians to get out of their comfort zone and face their fears by rappelling from the top of a towering high-rise building – all in support of people who are living with disabilities. By fundraising a minimum of $1,500 (less in select cities), ordinary people all across Canada become superheroes for a day as they challenge themselves and help enhance the lives and well-being of people who are living with disabilities.
For more than 95 years, Easter Seals has encouraged Canadians living with disabilities to live their lives actively, to push boundaries and overcome barriers in order to realize their dreams and fulfill their potential. The Easter Seals Drop Zone challenges participants to do exactly that. Funds raised through the Drop Zone Challenge helps Easter Seals provide vital programs and services in support of Canadians living with disabilities. All funds raised at an event remains in the province in which the event occurred.
The first Drop Zone event was hosted in Halifax in 2005 by Easter Seals Nova Scotia, and was subsequently adopted by Easter Seals provincial organizations across the country. Since then, approximately 9,000 brave superheroes have stepped off the edge in support of Drop Zone, and collectively raised over $16 million for Easter Seals programs and services in support of Canadians living with disabilities.
Join this league of extraordinary Canadian superheroes by registering today to rappel at a Drop Zone event near you, as an individual or recruit your family, friends or colleagues to create a team of superheroes.
Learn more about Easter Seals at www.easterseals.ca.
Prizes & Incentives for Participants
2020 NATIONAL GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE
- Easter Seals is proud to partner with Breakaway Experiences to provide participants with exciting incentives and prizes. Each participant in Drop Zone will receive a $25 gift certificate from Breakaway Experiences which can be used to redeem any of the hundreds of fun and unique experiences offered by Breakaway Experiences.
- Participants in each city will also have the opportunity to win additional prizes in various categories such as Best Costume and/or Top Fundraiser.
- Participants who raise the minimum to rappel in their Drop Zone city will also be entered into a lucky draw to win a National Grand Prize package valued at over $2,500 from Breakaway Experiences. One lucky participant from among the Drop Zone event cities will be drawn as the winner of the national grand prize. Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning. Terms and conditions apply.
Details of the 2020 National Grand Prize Package:
- $1000 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate (valid until August 31, 2020) .
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver departing from your Drop Zone city. (Includes all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges.)
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city, two (2) persons per room.
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
- This prize is valid for travel until August 31, 2020.
The following are the terms and conditions for the 2019 Drop Zone National Grand Prize Package, sponsored by Breakaway Experiences. Easter Seals Canada and Breakaway Experiences reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
- Subject to promotional space availability at the time of booking. Peak dates such as, but not limited to, all U.S and Canadian statutory holidays (such as but not limited to: all long weekends, Spring, Easter and Christmas breaks) are considered blackout periods and aren’t available. Breakaway Experiences will coordinate the reservation of the flight, hotel and car rental for the winner.
- Regular economy seats apply. Flights must be round-trip.
- Changes and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted.
- Changes to travel dates or passenger names are not permitted once a booking has been confirmed.
- The individual booking the prize package must be over the age of majority in their province.
- Winner and guest are responsible for all expenses other than those mentioned above as included including baggage fees, seat selection, attractions, merchandise, souvenirs, travel insurance and all other personal expenses of any kind.
- Breakaway Experiences is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s) and winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein.
- Accommodations are based on double occupancy.
- No cash value, credit or reimbursement will be provided if prize is not taken. Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by Breakaway Experiences.
Check out the many exciting and unique experiences offered by Breakaway Experiences. Visit their website at www.breakawayexperiences.com.