The Easter Seals Drop Zone is a knee-shaking, heart-pounding, adrenaline-pumping fundraising adventure that encourages you to get out of your comfort zone and face your fears by rappelling from the top of a towering high-rise building – all in support of Canadians living with disabilities. By fundraising a minimum of $1,500 (less in select cities), ordinary people all across Canada are becoming superheroes for a day as they challenge themselves and change lives.
For more than 95 years, Easter Seals has encouraged Canadians living with disabilities to live life actively, pushing boundaries to contribute to the well-being of themselves and their communities. The Easter Seals Drop Zone challenges participants to do exactly that.
Since 2005, Drop Zone events across the country have collectively raised over $16 million, and nearly 8,500 brave superheroes have stepped off the edge in support of Easter Seals.
Drop Zone events are taking place in provinces and cities all across Canada. Register to rappel as an individual or recruit your family, friends or colleagues to create a team of superheroes.
Prizes & Incentives
2019 NATIONAL GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE
One lucky participant from among the Drop Zone event cities will win the national grand prize: a travel prize package donated by Breakaway Experiences. Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning.
Details of the 2019 National Grand Prize Package (terms and conditions apply):
- $1000 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate (valid until August 31, 2020) .
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver departing from your Drop Zone city. (Includes all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges.)
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city, two (2) persons per room.
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
- This prize is valid for travel until August 31, 2020.
The following are the terms and conditions for the 2019 Drop Zone National Grand Prize Package, sponsored by Breakaway Experiences. Easter Seals Canada and Breakaway Experiences reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
- Subject to promotional space availability at the time of booking. Peak dates such as, but not limited to, all U.S and Canadian statutory holidays (such as but not limited to: all long weekends, Spring, Easter and Christmas breaks) are considered blackout periods and aren’t available. Breakaway Experiences will coordinate the reservation of the flight, hotel and car rental for the winner.
- Regular economy seats apply. Flights must be round-trip.
- Changes and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted.
- Changes to travel dates or passenger names are not permitted once a booking has been confirmed.
- The individual booking the prize package must be over the age of majority in their province.
- Winner and guest are responsible for all expenses other than those mentioned above as included including baggage fees, seat selection, attractions, merchandise, souvenirs, travel insurance and all other personal expenses of any kind.
- Breakaway Experiences is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s) and winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein.
- Accommodations are based on double occupancy.
- No cash value, credit or reimbursement will be provided if prize is not taken. Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by Breakaway Experiences.