Official registration for Drop Zone Halifax 2020 is now OPEN!
Information for Drop Zone Halifax 2020
On September 30th, 2020, take your fundraising to new heights and rappel 23 storeys from Halifax’s tallest office tower in support of Nova Scotians with disabilities! Drop Zone is an adrenaline-inducing adventure featuring a view like no other! And you’re supporting our barrier-free programs that promote mobility, inclusion, and independence.
We’ve run this event smoothly and professionally for 15+ years. We engage a local company to look after the technical requirements of the drop, and it handles our event with care and safety uppermost in mind. The crew provides training to all participants before Drop Zone day, as well as a refresher on the day of the rappel. All essential equipment is provided.
You can register as an individual, or as part of a team of 4 people.
- The minimum fundraising amount required to rappel as an individual is $1,500
- The minimum fundraising amount required for persons signed up as a team: $1,250 per team member
Training will be provided prior to the event date. A mobile training wall will also be available on the day of the event for participants to do final practices, if they wish, prior to the actual rappel.Info Sheet for Participants
For more information about Drop Zone Halifax, please contact Monica MacKendrick at email@example.com or 902.453.6000 ext. 228
- There are multiple sponsorship opportunities available with Drop Zone in Halifax. For more information, please contact Monica MacKendrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.453.6000 ext. 228.
- For national sponsorship opportunities of Drop Zone events across Canada, please contact Casey Sabawi at email@example.com or call (1877) 376-6362 ext. 228.
Participant Incentives and Prizes
National Grand Prize Package for Drop Zone 2020
One lucky participant from among the Drop Zone event cities will win the national grand prize: a travel prize package donated by Breakaway Experiences. Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning. To win, the participant must have raised the minimum to rappel in their event city. Terms and conditions apply.
- $1000 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate (valid until August 31, 2021) .
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver departing from your Drop Zone city. (Includes all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges.)
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city, two (2) persons per room.
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
- This prize is valid for travel until August 31, 2021.
The following are the terms and conditions for the 2020 Drop Zone National Grand Prize Package, sponsored by Breakaway Experiences. Easter Seals Canada and Breakaway Experiences reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
- Subject to promotional space availability at the time of booking. Peak dates such as, but not limited to, all U.S and Canadian statutory holidays (such as but not limited to: all long weekends, Spring, Easter and Christmas breaks) are considered blackout periods and aren’t available. Breakaway Experiences will coordinate the reservation of the flight, hotel and car rental for the winner.
- Regular economy seats apply. Flights must be round-trip.
- Changes and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted.
- Changes to travel dates or passenger names are not permitted once a booking has been confirmed.
- The individual booking the prize package must be over the age of majority in their province.
- Winner and guest are responsible for all expenses other than those mentioned above as included including baggage fees, seat selection, attractions, merchandise, souvenirs, travel insurance and all other personal expenses of any kind.
- Breakaway Experiences is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s) and winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein.
- Accommodations are based on double occupancy.
- No cash value, credit or reimbursement will be provided if prize is not taken. Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by Breakaway Experiences.