Do you have what it takes?
Drop Zone VP is presented by:
Take the leap for disabled children!
Drop Zone VP is looking for fearless participants who wish to live an exhilarating and unforgettable experience to help disabled children and their families. This annual fundraising event will take place on Tuesday, September 26 as participants will rappel down the 21 stories of 1981 McGill College in Montreal. In order to do so, they must raise a minimum of $1,500 among their friends, family, colleagues and neighbours.
The event takes place throughout the day and attracts attention by its unique and exciting nature. For rappellers, it is a double achievement; aside from the extraordinary feat of measuring oneself to a 21-story building, the money raised with the Drop Zone VP funds the stay of hundreds of disabled children in a vacation camp adapted to their needs.
Join our superheroes and register today. You can take up the challenge alone or with a team and live an experience you will not soon forget!
The Quebec subsidiary of Easter Seals and the Quebec Society for Disabled Children form a single entity. For more information on our services, visit: www.fondationpapillon.ca/.
- To participate you must be 18 years of age or older on event day.
- Training sessions will be offered to participants in September at Allez Up Climbing Gym where they will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if there are two of you then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $3,000, but if one person raises $2,000 and the other only $1,000 then you’ll both still be able to rappel. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $1500, then only one person from that team can rappel.
- The deadline to raise the minimum fundraising amount of $1,500 online is event-day, September 26, 2017. However, offline funds must be handed in by September 21, 2016.
For more information, please contact Suzy Guérin, email@example.com, 514 937.6171 ext. 250
Prizes & Incentives
NATIONAL GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE
Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning!
Prize package includes:
- $1,000 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate (valid until August 31, 2019)
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, or Vancouver departing from your Drop Zone city
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city, two (2) persons per room
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
Prize rules and eligibility:
- The winner of the national grand prize package will be selected via a draw held at Easter Seals Canada following the date of the last Drop Zone event.
- Participants will receive 1 ballot entry for every $500 they raise.
- In order to win, participants must meet or exceed the minimum fundraising amount that has been set for the Drop Zone event/city in which they are participating. Note that the fundraising minimums vary by Drop Zone event/city.
- Round-trip economy flights include all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges.
- The winner will be announced by October 31, 2018. Prize is valid until August 31, 2019.
- $500 gift certificate for the top individual fundraiser
- $200 gift certificate each for the 2nd and 3rd highest individual fundraisers
- 10 x $100 gift certificates for the top fundraising team
Start fundraising today for your chance to win! Check out www.breakawayexperiences.com for all the unique and memorable bucket list experiences in your city.