Registration for Drop Zone Surrey 2020 is now OPEN!
Information for Drop Zone Surrey 2020
Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Surrey on Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Drop Zone is back and ready for a new set of superheroes!
Maybe you’ve walked, run or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 25-storey office building! The Vancouver Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to pay or raise a minimum amount in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
Minimum Fundraising Goal: Raise $850 minimum to rappel (this includes the registration fee)
Last minute/walk ups: Raise $950 minimum to rappel (this includes the registration fee)
You have until October 14th, 2020 to raise the minimum fundraising requirements! A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt, but will count towards your fundraising total. For example, if a participant registers in Surrey they will be required to fundraise at least $800. If we haven’t received your minimum fundraising requirements by midnight on October 14th, 2020, we will automatically charge your credit card on file.
Take a look at our video for a sneak peek of what the day might look like and stay up to date with event news by signing up for our newsletter!
The hard-earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC/Yukon provides: Easter Seals House and Easter Seals Camp. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Our camp offers once-in-a-lifetime, week-long, fully accessible camping experiences for individuals living with disabilities, every summer. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camp is all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BCY TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget! #DropZoneVan
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September at Climb Base 5 Gym in Coquitlam where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- The registration deadline is September 15, 2020.
- A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt.
- You must meet the minimum fundraising requirement in order to be able to rappel. The minimum fundraising requirement for 2020 is $850.
- Please note that your registration fee counts towards your fundraising total.
- The deadline to raise the minimum fundraising amount required to rappel is event day, September 15, 2020.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if there are two of you then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $1700, but if one person raises $1,000 and the other only $700 then you’ll both still be able to rappel. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $1500, then only one person from that team can rappel.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- The charitable Registration Number for the Surrey event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
Please contact Ashley Cheah at email@example.com or (604) 873-1865 ext 438.
- We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2020 in Surrey and Vancouver. Please contact Samantha Bishop-Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 873-1865 ext 447 for more information.
- For sponsorship opportunities of Drop Zone events nationally, please contact Casey Sabawi at email@example.com or (1877) 376-6362 ext. 228.
Participant Incentives and Prizes:
National Grand Prize Package for Drop Zone 2020
One lucky participant from among the Drop Zone event cities will win the national grand prize: a travel prize package donated by Breakaway Experiences. Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning. To win, the participant must have raised the minimum to rappel in their event city. Terms and conditions apply.
- $1000 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate (valid until August 31, 2021) .
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver departing from your Drop Zone city. (Includes all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges.)
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city, two (2) persons per room.
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
- This prize is valid for travel until August 31, 2021.
The following are the terms and conditions for the 2020 Drop Zone National Grand Prize Package, sponsored by Breakaway Experiences. Easter Seals Canada and Breakaway Experiences reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
- Subject to promotional space availability at the time of booking. Peak dates such as, but not limited to, all U.S and Canadian statutory holidays (such as but not limited to: all long weekends, Spring, Easter and Christmas breaks) are considered blackout periods and aren’t available. Breakaway Experiences will coordinate the reservation of the flight, hotel and car rental for the winner.
- Regular economy seats apply. Flights must be round-trip.
- Changes and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted.
- Changes to travel dates or passenger names are not permitted once a booking has been confirmed.
- The individual booking the prize package must be over the age of majority in their province.
- Winner and guest are responsible for all expenses other than those mentioned above as included including baggage fees, seat selection, attractions, merchandise, souvenirs, travel insurance and all other personal expenses of any kind.
- Breakaway Experiences is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s) and winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein.
- Accommodations are based on double occupancy.
- No cash value, credit or reimbursement will be provided if prize is not taken. Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by Breakaway Experiences.