If you wish to be notified when official registration opens for Drop Zone Toronto 2020, please complete the following form (30 secs to complete): click here.
Information for Drop Zone Toronto 2019
presented by Choice REIT
When: Monday, September 23, 2019
Where: Choice REIT – 175 Bloor St E
What: Drop Zone Toronto is a dizzying, knee-shaking, pulse pounding rappel down the outside of a high rise building, while astonished onlookers gaze up into the sky in amazement.
Who: Anyone over the age of 18 who is willing to step outside their comfort zone and face their fears!
How: By raising a minimum of $1,000, participants earn the opportunity of a lifetime to participate in this truly unique and exhilarating event. There is a $50 registration fee which will be added to your fundraising minimum. A tax receipt will be provided following the event.
Returning rappellers: receive a special fundraising minimum of $750 for 2019!
First time rappellers: early bird fundraising minimum of $850 when you register by July 31, 2019. Minimum fundraising of $1000 applies for first time rappellers if registered August 1, 2019 or after.
Why: To raise funds to help children and youth with physical disabilities get essential mobility and accessibility equipment and have the opportunity to attend fully accessible summer camp.
Easter Seals Ontario provides programs and services to children and youth with physical disabilities across Ontario to help them achieve greater independence, accessibility and integration.
We own and operate two fully accessible summer camps and offer children and youth 10-day summer camp experiences. Our camping programs give kids the opportunity to stay away from home and experience a wide range of fully accessible activities, such as a high ropes course, indoor climbing wall, sailing, kayaking, white-water rafting and so much more. It costs $250 a day to send a kid to camp. The money that is raised through our events supports our send a kid to camp initiative.
The rappel is facilitated by Tacten, a company whose staff are all highly-trained, fully certified and extremely experienced. Every possible measure is taken to ensure the safety of our rappellers as they challenge themselves and change the lives of children and youth with physical disabilities.
For more information, please contact:
- Jessica Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-421-8377 ext. 311
- Lauren Squizzato at email@example.com or 416-421-8377 ext. 316
- There are multiple sponsorship opportunities with Drop Zone Toronto. For more information, please contact Jessica Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (416) 421-8377 ext. 311.
- For national sponsorship opportunities of Drop Zone events across Canada, please contact Casey Sabawi at email@example.com or call (1877) 376-6362 ext. 228.
Participant Incentives and Prizes
National Grand Prize Package for Drop Zone 2020
One lucky participant from among the Drop Zone event cities will win the national grand prize: a travel prize package donated by Breakaway Experiences. Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning. To win, the participant must have raised the minimum to rappel in their event city. Terms and conditions apply.
- $1000 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate (valid until August 31, 2021) .
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver departing from your Drop Zone city. (Includes all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges.)
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city, two (2) persons per room.
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
- This prize is valid for travel until August 31, 2021.
The following are the terms and conditions for the 2020 Drop Zone National Grand Prize Package, sponsored by Breakaway Experiences. Easter Seals Canada and Breakaway Experiences reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
- Subject to promotional space availability at the time of booking. Peak dates such as, but not limited to, all U.S and Canadian statutory holidays (such as but not limited to: all long weekends, Spring, Easter and Christmas breaks) are considered blackout periods and aren’t available. Breakaway Experiences will coordinate the reservation of the flight, hotel and car rental for the winner.
- Regular economy seats apply. Flights must be round-trip.
- Changes and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted.
- Changes to travel dates or passenger names are not permitted once a booking has been confirmed.
- The individual booking the prize package must be over the age of majority in their province.
- Winner and guest are responsible for all expenses other than those mentioned above as included including baggage fees, seat selection, attractions, merchandise, souvenirs, travel insurance and all other personal expenses of any kind.
- Breakaway Experiences is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s) and winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein.
- Accommodations are based on double occupancy.
- No cash value, credit or reimbursement will be provided if prize is not taken. Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by Breakaway Experiences.
Thank you to our 2019 Drop Zone Toronto Sponsors
Thank you to our supporters