Do you have what it takes?
Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Vancouver on September 14th. Drop Zone is back and ready for a new set of superheroes!
Maybe you’ve walked, run or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 20 storey office building! The Vancouver Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to pay or raise a minimum amount in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
Minimum Pay or Raise Goal:
- Registration Open – June 30th: $750
- July 1st – September 13th: $850
- Day of Event: $950
Take a look at our video for a sneak peek of what the day might look like and stay up to date with event news by signing up for our newsletter!
The hard-earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC/Yukon provides: Easter Seals House and Easter Seals Camp. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Our camp offers once-in-a-lifetime, week-long, fully accessible camping experiences for individuals living with disabilities, every summer. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camp is all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BCY TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget! #DropZoneVan
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Mandatory training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September at Climb Base 5 Gym in Coquitlam where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- The registration deadline is September 13, 2018.
- A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration, which will vary depending on when you sign up (the earlier you register, the cheaper it will be!). This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt.
- In addition to the registration fee, participants are required to fundraise a minimum of $850 in order to participate.
- The deadline to raise the minimum fundraising amount of $850 is event day, September 14, 2018.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if there are two of you then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $1700, but if one person raises $1,000 and the other only $700 then you’ll both still be able to rappel. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $1500, then only one person from that team can rappel.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- The charitable Registration Number for the Vancouver event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
Please contact Ashley Cheah at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 873-1865 ext 438.
We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2018, please contact Samantha Bishop-Thomas at email@example.com or (604) 873-1865 ext 447.
Prizes & Incentives
NATIONAL GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE
Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning!
Prize package includes:
- $1,000 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate (valid until August 31, 2019)
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, or Vancouver departing from your Drop Zone city
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city, two (2) persons per room
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
Prize rules and eligibility:
- The winner of the national grand prize package will be selected via a draw held at Easter Seals Canada following the date of the last Drop Zone event.
- Participants will receive 1 ballot entry for every $500 they raise.
- In order to win, participants must meet or exceed the minimum fundraising amount that has been set for the Drop Zone event/city in which they are participating. Note that the fundraising minimums vary by Drop Zone event/city.
- Round-trip economy flights include all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges.
- The winner will be announced by October 31, 2018. Prize is valid until August 31, 2019.
- 1 x $750 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded to the top individual fundraiser
- 1 x $500 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded to the top corporate fundraiser
- 1 x $300 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded for the Best Female Costume
- 1 x $300 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded for the Best Male Costume
- Each participant will also receive a $25 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate, while stock lasts
Start fundraising today for your chance to win! Check out www.breakawayexperiences.com for all the unique and memorable bucket list experiences in your city.