Interested in taking part in the #DropZoneChallenge in Vancouver in 2021?
Complete this short form to be notified once registration for the 2021 event opens or for more info: https://forms.gle/m4xFjx81GiKakSZm6
Information for Drop Zone Vancouver 2020
Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Vancouver on Thursday, September 10, 2020. Drop Zone is back and ready for a new set of superheroes!
Maybe you’ve walked, run or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 25-storey office building! The Vancouver Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to pay or raise a minimum amount in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
Minimum Fundraising Goal: Raise $850 minimum to rappel (this includes the registration fee)
Last minute/walk ups: Raise $950 minimum to rappel (this includes the registration fee)
You have until October 14th, 2020 to raise the minimum fundraising requirements! A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt, but will count towards your fundraising total. For example, if a participant registers in Vancouver they will be required to fundraise at least $800. If we haven’t received your minimum fundraising requirements by midnight on October 14th, 2020, we will automatically charge your credit card on file.
Take a look at our video for a sneak peek of what the day might look like and stay up to date with event news by signing up for our newsletter!
The hard-earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC/Yukon provides: Easter Seals House and Easter Seals Camp. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Our camp offers once-in-a-lifetime, week-long, fully accessible camping experiences for individuals living with disabilities, every summer. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camp is all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BCY TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget! #DropZoneVan
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September at Climb Base 5 Gym in Coquitlam where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- The registration deadline is September 10, 2020.
- A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt.
- You must meet the minimum fundraising requirement in order to be able to rappel. The minimum fundraising requirement for 2020 is $850. The minimum fundraising requirement for last minute/walk-up registrants is $950.
- Please note that your registration fee counts towards your fundraising total.
- You have until October 14th, 2020 to raise the minimum fundraising requirement. If we haven’t received your minimum fundraising requirement by midnight on October 14th, 2020, we will automatically charge your credit card on file.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if there are two of you then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $1700, but if one person raises $1,000 and the other only $700 then you’ll both still be able to rappel. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $1500, then only one person from that team can rappel.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- The charitable Registration Number for the Vancouver event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
Please contact Samantha Bishop-Thomas at email@example.com or (604) 873-1865 ext 447.
- We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2020 in Vancouver and Surrey. For more info, please contact Samantha Bishop-Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 873-1865 ext 447.
- For sponsorship opportunities of Drop Zone events nationally, please contact Casey Sabawi at email@example.com or Tel: 1877-376-6362 ext 228.
Thank you to our 2020 Drop Zone Vancouver Sponsors