Do you have what it takes?
Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Vancouver on September 12th. Drop Zone is back and ready for a new set of superheroes!
Maybe you’ve walked, run or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 20 story office building! The Vancouver Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to raise a minimum of $850 in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
To show our appreciation there will be an exclusive Superhero After-Party where participants, sponsors, and volunteers will have the opportunity to share their Superhero experiences!
Take a look at our video for a sneak peek of what the day might look like and stay up to date with event news by signing up for our newsletter!
The hard earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC/Yukon provides: Easter Seals House and Easter Seals Camps. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Our camps offer once-in-a-lifetime, week-long fully accessible camping experiences for approximately 800 children every summer. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camps are all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BCY TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget! #DropZoneVan
Prizing & Incentives
Early Bird Registration Prize
If you register for our event by May 15, 2017, your name will be entered into a prize draw for $100 gift card from Breakaway Experiences! Only 100 rappel spots available, so register today!
Awards and prizing will feature Breakaway Experiences certificates and much more! Stay tuned here for prizing detail updates!
All donors who donate over $25 by September 12th to our DZ Superheroes this year will be entered into a draw to win a $100 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate! Draw will take place on September 13th and the winner will be announced on this page.
National Grand Prize
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Mandatory training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September at Climb Base 5 Gym in Coquitlam where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration, which will vary depending on when you sign up (the earlier you register, the cheaper it will be!). This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt.
- In addition to the registration fee, participants are required to fundraise a minimum of $850 in order to participate.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if there are two of you then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $1700, but if one person raises $1,000 and the other only $700 then you’ll both still be able to rappel. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $1500, then only one person from that team can rappel.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- The deadline to raise the minimum fundraising amount of $850 is event day, September 12, 2017.
- The charitable Registration Number for the Vancouver event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2017, please contact Event Manager Mandy Wong at email@example.com or 604-873-1865.
Please contact Shannon Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-873-1865.