Drop Zone Victoria is back and ready for amazing superheroes! Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Victoria on September 11th.
Maybe you’ve walked, run or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 13 storey office building! The Victoria Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to pay or raise a minimum amount in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
Minimum Pay or Raise Goal:
- Registration Open – June 30th: $750
- July 1st – September 10th: $850
- Day of Event: $950
The hard-earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC/Yukon provides: Easter Seals House and Easter Seals Camp. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Our camp offers once-in-a-lifetime, week-long, fully accessible camping experiences for individuals living with disabilities, every summer. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camp is all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BCY TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget!
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Mandatory training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September (location TBD) where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt.
- You must meet the minimum fundraising requirement in order to be able to rappel. The minimum fundraising requirement for 2018 will also be lower the earlier you register, so register soon!
- Register before June 30 – Raise a minimum of $750
- Register after July 1st – Raise a minimum of $850
- Register on event day – Raise a minimum of $950
- Please note that your registration fee counts towards your fundraising total. For example, if you register before June 30, you will be required to fundraise at least $701 ($750 minimum minus $49 registration fee)
- The deadline to raise the minimum fundraising amount required to rappel is event day, September 11, 2018.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- The charitable Registration Number for the Victoria event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
Please contact Shannon Bernays at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-370-0518.
We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2018, please contact Event Manager Shannon Bernays at email@example.com or call 250-370-0518.
Prizes & Incentives
NATIONAL GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE
Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning!
Prize package includes:
- $1,000 Breakaway Experiences Gift Certificate (valid until August 31, 2019)
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, or Vancouver departing from your Drop Zone city
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city, two (2) persons per room
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
Prize rules and eligibility:
- The winner of the national grand prize package will be selected via a draw held at Easter Seals Canada following the date of the last Drop Zone event.
- Participants will receive 1 ballot entry for every $500 they raise.
- In order to win, participants must meet or exceed the minimum fundraising amount that has been set for the Drop Zone event/city in which they are participating. Note that the fundraising minimums vary by Drop Zone event/city.
- Round-trip economy flights include all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges.
- The winner will be announced by October 31, 2018. Prize is valid until August 31, 2019.
- 1 x $750 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded to the top individual fundraiser
- 1 x $500 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded to the 2nd highest individual fundraiser
- 1 x $250 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded to the 3rd highest individual fundraiser
- 1 x $200 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded for the Best Female Costume
- 1 x $200 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate awarded for the Best Male Costume
- Each participant will also receive a $25 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate, while stock lasts
Start fundraising today for your chance to win! Check out www.breakawayexperiences.com for all the unique and memorable bucket list experiences in your city.