Registration for the 2019 Drop Zone event in Victoria is now open!
Information for Drop Zone Victoria 2019
Drop Zone Victoria is back and ready for amazing superheroes! Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Victoria on September 9, 2019.
Maybe you’ve walked, run or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 13-storey office building! The Victoria Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to pay or raise a minimum amount in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
Minimum Pay or Raise Goal:
- Now to September 9, 2019: $500
- Day of Event: $500
The hard-earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC/Yukon provides: Easter Seals House and Easter Seals Camp. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Our camp offers once-in-a-lifetime, week-long, fully accessible camping experiences for individuals living with disabilities, every summer. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camp is all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BCY TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget!
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September (location TBD) where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt.
- You must meet the minimum fundraising requirement in order to be able to rappel.
- Please note that your registration fee counts towards your fundraising total. For example, if you register before June 30, you will be required to fundraise at least $500 ($500 minimum minus $50 registration fee)
- The deadline to raise the minimum fundraising amount required to rappel is event day, September 9, 2019 (TBD).
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- The charitable Registration Number for the Victoria event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
Please contact Shannon Bernays at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-370-0518.
We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2019, please contact Event Manager Shannon Bernays at email@example.com or call 250-370-0518.